Yo shorties, it's my birfday.
Gonna drink diet pepsi cuz its my birfday!
In all seriousness, today is my birthday.
I don't really feel very different. In fact, when I went to bed last night I figured I'd forget that today was my birthday when I woke up. I did not. I was pleasantly reminded it was my birthday thanks to four facebook birthday messages awaiting me. Stuff like that sure makes a girl feel special at 5:29am.
Mr. Berg had cards waiting for me when I woke up him up at 6am. He's the best card giver. One was funny and sweet, the other was sentimental and heart warming. I'm a lucky, lucky girl. This, I know it true.
A lot people like to write about goals for the following year, address specifics and such.
I don't necessarily feel the need to do that today. Rather, I'd like to make a few wishes and speak in general terms.
This year has a lot of potential. It has a lot of promise and a lot of hope. I wish for a wonderful year. I wish for high moments where my heart will sore, I wish for low moments to keep me grounded. I wish for moments of gratitude and moments of greatness. I wish for more talks with God, more moments with my husband and time well spent with my family. I wish for courage, for resilience, for passion and for health. Most of all, I wish to continue to love and be loved just as I am right now.
I could talk about what sucks and what isn't going my way. But what's the point, really? We all struggle, we all deal with terrible, horrible, no good, very bad things. That is what makes our world turn, that is what makes us all human. Mostly, I'm just thankful for the good and amazing life that I have. For the challenges I am given, for the things I am responsible for, and for the challenges and responsibilities that await me.
My life is good, my heart is full and my mind is open.
I hope next year at this time, I can say the very same things.
Next year I hope to say these things and more.
Happy Birthday to Me.
I hope this year is a great one.
No comments:
Post a Comment