As of Saturday we've officially lived in our house for two very long, very short weeks. We're slowing beginning to navigate our new home, the kitchen and pantry are organized and functioning. We can't always remember what light switches work what and it never fails we're be downstairs before we realize we left the upstairs hall light on,.... again.
The hallways seem longer and darker in the middle of the night when you're trying to get to a crying child .
We've installed a new kitchen sink faucet, we have an amazing new fridge. Within days of moving in the roofers arrived with their very loud crew and very big dump truck. This was much the amazement of two small boys and to the the dismay of neighbors everywhere, I'm sure.
We're learning to ins and outs of a new grocery store that doesn't sell cheese hot dogs or my favorite kind of salad dressing. But the cheese selection is awesome and the beer section will soon be selling wine too.
We have yet to meet the neighbors(probably something to do with the roofers) or found anyone with kids our age. I think I figured out the fastest route home during rush hour and I know when we leave in the mornings to still get to work on time.
Thanks to the new roof we now know Central PA has tree frogs and that they can end up on your bathroom floor on the middle of an other wise idle Monday evening. I now also know you can get your automatic garage doors serviced on Tuesday and then on Friday a spring will break and cause the whole kit and caboodle to fall down. (I also now know that will really, REALLY piss your husband off).
We have worked endlessly and tirelessly to move everything from our old house, our storage shed(s) and my parents house into our new house. We spent most of this weekend rearranging, unpacking, reorganizing and re-situating. While it appears to are getting no where, the box piles are less and less and the closets are getting fuller and fuller. So, something is moving in the right direction somewhere.
While we only moved across town, we still moved. New school district, new address, new zip code, new township. I lay my head down at night in my new bedroom, on my new street and while I feel at home, I still feel like I'm new in town. All at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment