Isn't this like the 9th time?
Friday afternoon I found myself beating the dreaded 3pm slump by perusing the local MSL listings. Party because I'm nosey and partly because I've finally geared myself up to move and we aren't freaking going anywhere.
I feel like the family dog when someone accidentally says "walk." I'm ready to go, pacing back in forth with my moving boxes and no where to go.
It's the pits, really.
I clicked on the pictures of the house we loved and wished that somehow, someway, that the house would find it's way back to us.
Fast forward to a few hours later. Mr. Berg comes home from work and says "Oh hey, our realtor called. "
Could this be a sign I wondered?
"The sellers of the house want to know what number it will take to get the deal done."
Seriously?
Didn't we just give them our number and tell them it was final? Didn't they counter back with a ridiculous offer and we said no... final offer means final offer?
After a few beers, a couple of eye rolls and a long discussion with our realtor we decided fine, you wanna play the stupid game, we're all ready for you.
So on Sunday afternoon our realtor called their realtor with our new number. A number that was only a smidgen higher then our last number with the words "FINAL OFFER" stamped all over it it imaginary red letters. We even stood there as our realtor said "This is our final offer, we are not willing to accept a counter. We are done. It's this number or no deal."
Two hours later they countered back.
Exactly what part of final offer does this group of knuckle heads not understand?
So once again...... we shook our heads, walked away and felt the slightly less hurtful sting of disappointment.
Seriously people, what the heck?
(PS- While I'm still really sad. I have to keep in mind the following: 1. We have all the time in the world 2. Seller Man and his family- not so much 3. At some point the selling price will be out of the sellers hands. We already know the relocation company likes our number 4. We are very, very patient people...... (or at least Mr. Berg is, I'm good at faking patience.)
No comments:
Post a Comment