Monday, May 16, 2016

And So the Adventure Begins.....

There is a huge part of me that would love to throw in the towel on life right now. I'd love to run to my bed, pull up the covers, put on Bravo and hide until all this house stuff has blown over.

Right now, the situation regarding our bigger house on the hill is out of our hands. We revised our offer on Friday afternoon and our real estate agent consulted with their agent.

Since then it's been radio silence on the sellers front. Given the situation, it's not surprising. 

Prior to our revised offer: 

We had separate inspections of the roof and the decks. We consulted with our attorney, an engineer, a roofing company, a builder and our real estate agent. We've had a lot of conversations, done a lot of praying, conducted a ton of research and had 3 near nervous breakdowns.

We still love the house, but we aren't prepared to pay full market value for a house with "issues." Granted, all of these "issues" are repairable. However, we don't feel that we should be on the hook for the current owner's lack of maintenance. Plus, none of the "issues" we disclosed prior to our original offer.

A huge part of me is wondering exactly how the seller's agent is navigating this situation, seeing as it was her error. I'd imagine so major back peddling is being done.

To make it even more interesting, her granddaughter goes to school with Ryan. They are total BFFs. It made for an awkward exchange on Friday when we ran into each other. She has no idea how we are, I on the other hand, know a thing or two about her. #notherbiggestfanpresently

In the meantime a house on the side of town we live on just came on the market. It's nice. It's spacious and has a few amenities the "bigger house on the hill" does not. It's also not on a hill, surprisingly. 

We've made an appointment to look at it tomorrow. Right now, I'm not sold. But I realize I can be stubborn. This afternoon I'll drive by it and will probably be stewing about it until I walk through it tomorrow.

Then I'll either be entirely in love with it or I'll be creating a list of cons in my head so long Mr. Berg will never get to the bottom of it.

Fun, right?


House shopping, what fun, what fun!


Best Case Situation- We hear back from our seller's agent today with news- either way. 
We've already decided our revised offer is our final offer. No countering for this girl.

I will be devastated if we have to walk away. But I know that means something better will come along.

 Worst Case Situation- 
I'm just not going there. I want to close one book before opening the next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment