Jacob David arrived on Sunday May 24th at 11:38pm. He is absolutely perfect. His delivery was absolutely perfect and since he's been home he's only been waking once a night to eat. In other words, I couldn't ask for better.
I've thought about blogging a lot in the past 8 days since he arrived but I've had trouble putting my fingers to the keys. Sure, I'm certainly busy with a toddler, a new born and a husband. But, truly, I don't really know what to tell you.
I could tell you about how I was labeled "the vomit-er" in labor and delivery.
I could tell you how amazing it was that every time my blood pressure cuff went off, and it went off a lot, it resulted in a perfectly normal albeit low reading.
I could tell you how back labor feel like being stabbed in the kidney.
I could tell you about how different it was to give birth with only three medical personnel in the room, instead of 17.
I could tell you how amazing it was to only face minor bleeding issues after delivery that resulted in the need for low dose iron instead of transfusions and other scary things.
I could tell you about how I don't need to wear long sleeves to cover the bruises from blown ivs and more blood draws then I could count, because I only have one tiny bruise that no one notices anyway.
I could tell you how euphoric this whole experience has been. How I didn't realize how robbed I was of my first maternity leave until I started my second one.
But honestly, I'm too busy enjoying all of this to give much thought to all of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment