In usual Berg fashion we are road tripping again this weekend. This time we are pointing the Tahoe north towards the beautiful city of Boston. However, instead of sight seeing and enjoying all the yummy food the city has to offer, we will be hanging out with family and Bar Mitzvahing out butts off. This also translates to: Jessica runs around like a mad woman chasing a toddler while Mr. Berg hangs out with his family. Fun, right?
Currently we are about 20% packed and 100% insane to we think we will get it all done and organized and ready by 6am tomorrow morning- all while getting a great night's sleep, mind you. I just don't see it happening. Wishful thinking, right?
Tonight for myself alone I need to eat, shower, blow out my hair, get a spray tan, pack, gather up toys, find sheets, find blankets, make sure everyone has the right pillows and every other thing under the sun.
This doesn't account for everything Ryan needs, everything Mr. Berg will want me to double check and then there's the cat.... who the hell is taking care of the cat?
Basically, we are insane.
However, I will say this: Life is returning to a semi normal pace, which is really nice. Ryan is starting to sleep a little bit better. Mr. Berg is starting to feel better. I haven't been sick in 2 weeks, a new record. I've actually managed to workout 3 times this week, with plans for another workout tomorrow.
We met with an ENT today to talk about Ryan and his ever infected ears. We are going to monitor him for a month and then (probably) proceed with tubes (should the fluid in his right ear not clear) or sooner if he develops another infection. All of that to say: We're getting tubes sooner or later.
The good news about all of this is that we really enjoy our doctor and the practice. I feel like we are in the right hands and I think their proceed with caution approach is spot on. Unlike the pediatrician we saw that made us feel like we were barbarians for not putting tubes in Ryan's ears at birth. Your know, because we knew he'd have a million ear infections before age two.
Duh!
No, I'm still not pregnant and honestly, that's okay with me. Someday, I will be and that will be fantastic. It was never a personal goal of mine to be pregnant again before Ryan turned two. At the rate my body is functioning, I probably won't be. That's fine. I can worry about babies another day.
Right now, I'm happy with my 2 boys and a diabetic, geriatric cat named Sophie.
No comments:
Post a Comment