Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Once Again, Mom of the Year

Sunday morning started off normally enough....

Ryan and I spent the morning together while Mr. Berg went out to study. We played outside. Ryan dumped out my coffee mug and filled it full of mulch. You know, normal toddler stuff.

Throughout the day he kept telling me "boo-boo" and would point to his mouth. Since he's working on molars, I never gave it a second thought and handed him a ice cube to suck on. (He's obsessed with ice or icsh, as he calls it).

After lunch I put him down for his nap and thought he felt a little on the warm side. Again, I didn't pay that fact any mind. He always feels hot to me.

After a longer then usual nap and an afternoon and evening of playing outside, we settled on the sofa to watch letter songs and unwind. That would be about the time Ryan starting grabbing at his feet and rubbing the palms of his hands on the sofa cousins.....


I took off his socks and shoes thinking that grass clipping must be bothering him. Instead, I found the side sof his feet covered in little red bumps. Upon closer inspection I found them on this thumbs and fingers too.

Wouldn't you know.... Hand, Food and Mouth Disease here we come :)

Yay


No one in our house slept on Sunday night. Poor Mr. Berg, he had to take his exam Monday morning. I tried to take on most of the night shift so he could rest. I doubt he did.

Monday our household was a bunch of zombies. Mr. Berg passed him text. I went into work in the afternoon for a few hours and everyone was in bed early.

Monday night was another crazy night but with a little more sleep and not as much crying.

Tuesday Ryan stayed home with his favorite sitter and Mr. Berg and I went to work and then to bed early. Everyone slept though the night.


So, once again, no rest for the wary.


And no workouts.


Here's hoping for a better week next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment