You can read about my previous adventures on the AdvoCare 10 Day Cleanse starting here.
It's that time again- I've ordered all the supplies, meal and snack planned the crap out of the next 10 days and consulted the "Cleanse Bible" at least 20 times in the past week. I'm locked, loaded and ready for the challenge.
Monday morning I'll wake up to start my normal day, only there will be a few differences. For example there will be supplements to take, fiber drinks to gag on and no coffee or Diet Pepsi to be found. That, aside from the fiber drink, might be the worst part for me.... although there is that whole no cheese thing.....
Monday morning I'll wake up to start my normal day, only there will be a few differences. For example there will be supplements to take, fiber drinks to gag on and no coffee or Diet Pepsi to be found. That, aside from the fiber drink, might be the worst part for me.... although there is that whole no cheese thing.....
I feel as though I am walking into this 10 Day Challenge a little wiser this time. I know the importance of pre-planning. I know the hell of a headache I'm going to have for the first day or two (that would be because I'm a caffeine addict going through withdrawal not because of the cleanse itself). I also know what worked for me last time and what didn't. I also have a more consistent workout schedule this go round. I did not last time. In fact, I don't think I was working out at all last time..... interesting.
This time I'm incorporating two additional Advocare products into the mix.
This time I'm incorporating two additional Advocare products into the mix.
Aside from this box:

I will also be incorporating two new products:
Meal Replacement Shakes
and.....
Catalyst

Why?
My answer is two fold really. I don't feel like I'm getting enough protein in the mornings. Okay, I know I'm not. My breakfast is a smoothie made with spinach, berries, a banana and some almond milk. All good stuff but not much protein. Now that I'm consistently working out in the mornings. I think it's important I incorporate more protein to help my body recover and give it the fuel it needs.
Catalyst is a amino acid chain supplement that supports muscle health and muscle tone. I figure why not give it a try and see what happens. If it does nothing for me, at least I know. If it's awesome, well then, it's awesome.
Starting Monday I'll be posting a daily list of my meals, snacks and supplements. Fair warning: I am pretty boring when it comes to eating. I typically eat the same meal for lunch for an entire week. Dinners are typically cooked every other day, the off day is left overs from the night before. While boring, it saves money and time.
I plan on following the plan to the letter. Thus, no wine, no cheese, no coffee, no pasta/bread, sugar etc. The only minor exception I'm making is that I'm working out of the fist day of the challenge even thought it advises that you not. Having done this before, I feel comfortable doing it anyway.
My biggest challenge: I'm taking a bread baking class next Saturday. Bread baking while cleansing.... Not my brightest idea, that's for certain. However, I signed up for the class knowing what I was doing. Sure I might sample a few things but my ultimate goal is to practice moderation and go straight home to my cravings proof house :)
My biggest challenge: I'm taking a bread baking class next Saturday. Bread baking while cleansing.... Not my brightest idea, that's for certain. However, I signed up for the class knowing what I was doing. Sure I might sample a few things but my ultimate goal is to practice moderation and go straight home to my cravings proof house :)
All in all I'm excited to give this another go. The results are always fantastic, I can't wait to see what happens now that I'm working out and eating cleaner.
Are you cleansing? Do you think I'm crazy? Tell me....
No comments:
Post a Comment