Monday, May 8, 2017

Tapped Out

Last week was rough. A lot of little things got the best of me and by Thursday I was ready to collapse in a puddle of frustration, confusion and tears. I'm typically pretty good as managing my emotions, pushing stuff deep when I need to, processing things practically when I'm in a safe space. But last week, everything just got the best of me.

Thankfully, Friday, I was able to hit the reset button and focus on being home and quiet on a rainy Friday. It was just what I needed to gather myself and prepare to keep pressing forward.

This week will be just as difficult as the last, but I feel more prepared to handle it. I know what's ahead of me. I know how to handle it.


I'm proud of myself. I very easily could have gone to pieces last week. I could have jumped back into old habits, pushed off workouts and told (lied) to myself that I'd get back on the stick the next day. When in reality, a day would have turned into two or five or fifty.

Instead, I ate my meals, I scheduled in my workouts, I stuck my plan and I am all the better for it.

I can't complain, I can instead, rejoice in the fact that I survived it and made last week my bitch.


Bring in Monday, I got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment