Last Friday we woke up to freezing rain, snow and both major highways in our area shut down due to major accidents. This morning we woke up to fresh air flowing through out open windows and birds chirping their good mornings to the rising sun. Spring decided to give us a preview this week and it's been so good for the soul. I know I've felt a little lighter, a lot brighter and refreshed.
As of tomorrow I'll complete the first set of workouts in the 3rd phase of Jillian's Body Revolution. It hasn't been easy but dare I say, it's been an enjoyable challenge. I've certainly pushed myself to go harder then I've ever done before. I'm loving the results. While I'm still about 6-8 pounds above my pre-babies weight, my clothes from the time period are fitting and I'm able to wear almost everything in my closet again. Yes, things fit differently now, but they fit none the less.
Right now I'm nursing a sore wrist. I don't think I did anything damaging to it. I think it's just tired and a little over worked. The Body Revolution has been incorporating a lot of planks in weeks 9 and 10, so there's certainly a contributing factor. That and Mr. Berg broke his wrist in February and has been wearing a fancy brace. (They don't cast adults so much anymore, don't ya know?) With the brace comes restrictions especially when it comes to picking up the kids and holding 23 pound Jacob for long periods of time. I'm sure the combination of the two has something to do with it.
All in all, I feel as though I am in a better place then I have been in some time. The mid day workouts are provided the mental break and physical challenge I need to push through the rest of the day. I have tons more stamina and I'm sleeping so much better. I'm not waking up in the middle of the night and I'm not longer waking up achy and sore. Well, sometimes I'm sore but a good workout sore, not a bad night's rest sore.
This little life change of mine- so very, very good for the soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment